Adequate transportation and related infrastructure remain a critical need in El Paso; without them, El Paso’s progress will be stymied. State transportation funding has literally dried up and our challenge is to find new ways of generating funds to meet transportation needs.
José will work in partnership with key stake holders to ensure that El Paso’s transportation system is fully developed, including roads and mass transit.
Transportation News and Statements>/b>
- Gov’s State of State: Education and infrastructure focus on point; border security remarks disappointing February 17, 2015
- Optimism for the future January 12, 2015
- Pre-Session bill filing; follow bills as they progress December 7, 2014
- The road ahead July 24, 2013
- Political Medicine July 12, 2013
- Special Session June 4, 2013
- Budget remains a work in progress: Statement on SB 1 March 20, 2013
- 83rd Legislature: Cautiously Optimistic January 19, 2013
- Historic highway designation would bring back Alameda’s glory days March 29, 2011