District 29 Key Dates
- February – June, 2012: District 29 meetings to obtain citizen input for legislative agenda.
- July – October, 2012: District 29 bills drafted and vetted.
- Nov. 12, 2012: First day to pre-file bills for the 83rd Legislative Session.
- Jan. 8, 2013: First day of 83rd Legislative Session.
- March 8, 2013: Last day to file bills.
Other Legislative Dates of Interest
- Tuesday, May 29, 2012: Primary election for legislative and other offices is held [Election Code, Sec. 41.007]
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012: Primary runoff election for legislative and other offices is held [Election Code, Sec. 41.007]
- Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012: General election for legislative and other offices is held [Election Code, Sec. 41.002]
- Monday, Nov. 12, 2012: Prefiling of legislation for the 83rd Legislature begins [House Rule 8, Sec. 7, and Senate Rule 7.04(a)]
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013 (1st day): 83rd Legislature convenes at noon [Government Code, Sec. 301.001]
- Friday, March 8, 2013 (60th day): Deadline for filing bills and joint resolutions other than local bills, emergency appropriations, and bills that have been declared an emergency by the governor [House Rule 8, Sec. 8; Senate Rules 7.07(b) and 10.01]
- Monday, May 27, 2013 (140th day): Last day of 83rd Regular Session; corrections only in house and senate [Sec. 24(b), Art. III, Texas Constitution]
- Sunday, June 16, 2013 (20th day following final adjournment): Last day governor can sign or veto bills passed during the regular legislative session [Sec. 14, Art. IV, Texas Constitution]
- Monday, Aug. 26, 2013 (91st day following final adjournment): Date that bills without specific effective dates (that could not be effective immediately) become law [Sec. 39, Art. III, Texas Constitution]